FINALLY In!

JoLin

Vice Admiral
The marinas here are simply hammered with post-Sandy work and the weather's been pretty crappy for most of the last month. Finally got 'the call' and went yesterday to drive the boat the 20 miles from its winter home to the summer dock. It was great to be out again on my own 'ship' instead of bumming rides as Lin and I have the last few weekends.

Beautiful day and a nice 2 hour ride. Escapade's running great, and she and I did a really good job of getting out of the packed marina, making a tight u-turn and landing at the fuel dock... and backing her into her home slip perfectly despite there being several people at the dock, watching. Hope it's an omen :joyous:

I'll spend the rest of the week loading her up and getting all the systems ready. As luck would have it, we're off to Charlotte, NC next Saturday to visit our daughter for a week. I'm anxious to see her, of course, but it'll eat up 2 boating weekends. Ah, well.

Just glad to be in the water again.

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: FINALLY In!

Congrats on getting back in the water. Just curious what work you were waiting on the marina to do?

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Primarily detailing (weather dependent). Had a few minor repairs to be done, and those and normal maintenance weren't completed until about a week ago. Every yard seems to be running late this year. It wasn't just the boats that were damaged in the storm. The yards got hit badly, too. Lots of tools, equipment and workshops needed to be repaired or replaced.

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

Glad you are only 2 weekends away from being set. Problem with living up there is your season is very short instead of all year. I'd be going though withdrawl by Christmas.