1977 evinrude 175 trim cylinders leaking HELP PLEASE!

bradrwyles24

Cadet
Hey guys im getting desprate so i figured id give the website a shot on this. I have a 1991 procraft with a 1977 evinrude 175 and the im getting alot of fluid coming out of the trim cylinders coming from the top of both cylinders. I was told that i need to get trim cylinder seals but have not had any luck with locating any to order. Pretty sure that what i need but if maybe yall can tell that i need something diffrent by the description or if that right where i might could order these i would really appreciate any help at all. U live in arlingto, tx by the way. once agin thanks for any input on the issue.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1977 evinrude 175 trim cylinders leaking HELP PLEASE!

You can check out the factory parts list website: epc.brp.com It's got the same information that all their dealers use. Once you are it the power trim system exploded diagram, you'll find these parts needed for both trim ram end caps: oring: 319662, trim rod wiper: 122194, trim rod oring: 553127. Usually an easy repair, the replacement of these items should cure a leak at the top of the rams. You will need to purchase/borrow or rent a spanner wrench to get the end cap off.

bradrwyles24

Cadet

ok thanks man i really appreciate the help, im gonna look into that today

bradrwyles24

Cadet

Oh one last thing i found all of those parts but how do i place an order for them??