Prop hub kit

Savage-270

Recruit
I am trying to find a hub kit for my prop.It is on a 1985 Mercury 50 hp 2 stroke motor. The number on the prop is 48-76228-13. It is the pressed in hub. I have tried looking myself but am not having much luck finding the one I need to buy. I already have the old one pressed out and I am just looking to find the hub kit needed to try and minimize cost by buying parts myself.I would appreciate any help with finding the hub kit I need. Thank you all in advance.

jestor68

Commander
Re: Prop hub kit

If it had a "pressed in" rubber hub, you can't put a new one in yourself. You have to take it to a repair shop and have have a new hub pressed in.

Savage-270

Recruit

It does have the pressed in hub. A good buddy of mine has his own tool shop. He already removed the old hub and says he has the tools to install a new one for me. That is where the problem begins. I am having trouble finding the correct hub kit that I need.

alldodge

Staff member

I received an email back today from Jeff Whidden at Olympic Propeller Company (866-790-7767 PowerTech Props For Sale | Stainless Steel Outboard Propellers Online at PtPropeller.com)
My question - Can a Mercruiser prop be used on an OMC if the hub is replaced?
His response - Yes if you have the correct drop in style hub kit – no it is a press in rubber hub.

I'm thinking the last part of his message may be should have read "not if it is a press in rubber hub" but don't know for sure. They are in Washington state. Might want to just give them a call