Livewell Pump?

rtpassini

Chief Petty Officer
Maybe I'm not understanding this right.

I have a homemade livewell currently. I want to add another pump so that I can flip a switch and have the water come in. I plan on drilling a hole in the back somewhere below the water line. What kind of pump do I need? All this stuff Im seeing has a valve that you need to turn and so on.

I just want something like this http://www.thmarine.com/userfiles/i...c-of-installation-500x500-product-pic-500.jpg

Then from the "pump" a hose that runs to the livewell. But the stuff Im seeing is like a bilge pump, where it has to sit in the water. any help for my ignorance is appreciated.

rtpassini

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Livewell Pump?

it says 150 gph. is that going to take forever to fill?

5150abf

Vice Admiral

colbyt

Master Chief Petty Officer

it says 150 gph. is that going to take forever to fill?

That means it will take a whole hour to fill your 150 gallon live well. Yours doesn't hold more than that does it?

:D

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I am using a 600 GPH pump to fill my 15 gal tank and it takes about 5 minutes

colbyt

Master Chief Petty Officer

You must have a restriction. That math just does compute. Could be the hose size, the head should be a foot or less so you should hit near the max for any pump you use.

rtpassini

Chief Petty Officer

Im going to be mounting this next to the drain plug. so its a thin piece, not thick up where the wood transom is. Should I just cut off the excess threaded part?

install then cut off the spare but leave about a inch for the filter to thread on. make sure theres room as its better to measure twice and only cut once. Also install the elbow on the pumps and test fit before using any sealer or you will have to work with sealer going everywhere