can't fish for losing, top that is

MichaelMullis

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Finaly got toon restored, new decking ,carpet, steering console,lights, ect. Went to lake (12 miles) on Sat afternoon everthing went fine :D :D except for FF about half throttle lose reading :( :( I figure I must be picking up some bad water, thats ok can reposition on Sunday. Left lake about 2AM heading home, got home and started to unhook boat, thought somethings different! relized that hard top was missing, :eek: :eek: nothing but 4 support poles sticking in air. Panick time! 12 7'rods with Penn 209's strapped to underside of top when I left lake. Jumped in truck and backtracked. Found top about halfway to lake leaning against fence on the side of road. All rods were still strapped to top, none broken. :cool: This top must have sailed like a kite and came down with rods facing away from road.I figure that is the only reason rods were still on top as this is a faily busy road. Thankfull it did not land in road. Only broke 1 light, the all around white.looks like the alum. bolts that were used to mount top to posts broke on 1 corner and then I guess that the stress sheared the rest as I was driving down road. Never went over 50mph since this was the first time I had pulled a toon. So now I will have to put top back on and rewire, but very lucky all in all. Thinking about leaving hard top off and getting bimini but then I lose rod storage. Does any one here trailer a toon with hard top? Now I am concerned about pulling this down road with a hard top. I'd like to get some input from exp. tooners before I rework this top.<br />Michael