rev limiter?

toy 2

Recruit
quick queston.. i just bought a sea rayder 90 and it wont rev up so i been reading on here that of u unhook the brown and the black/yellow wire from the rev limiter box it by passes it. I did just that and now it revs up fine. my question is the rev limiter bad or could it b something else? would like to know before i go buying a new rev limiter. thanks so much for the help and now that im a first time boat owner u will see me around here quite a bit.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: rev limiter?

I'm just guessing......but I would say that the rev. limiter is probably bad. Especially since everything works fine with it by-passed.

Foodfisher, Sea Ray used the Force motors badged as Mercury in their Sea Rayder jet boats. Mercury also used them in their Sport Jet line of boats. They had oil injection and rev. limiters. I couldn't believe my eyes the first time I saw one.

toy 2

Recruit

I'm just guessing......but I would say that the rev. limiter is probably bad. Especially since everything works fine with it by-passed.

Foodfisher, Sea Ray used the Force motors badged as Mercury in their Sea Rayder jet boats. Mercury also used them in their Sport Jet line of boats. They had oil injection and rev. limiters. I couldn't believe my eyes the first time I saw one.

thanks so much for the help.....another question is there a way to test/check a rev limiter?

pnwboat

Rear Admiral

I'm pretty sure you'd have to have some specialized equipment to test it. Something that would simulate the ignition trigger signal since that's what it senses.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

You need a factory manual on the testing part? I was surprised when I found out too!

toy 2

Recruit

well I ordered a new rev limiter. It will b here wednsday and ill post up report if it fixes the issue

toy 2

Recruit

installed the new rev limiter and issues are resolved:D:D....taking it out on the water tomorrow