Yet another tilt trim question from a noob

Hello everyone,

Last year i started a resto project on my 87' capri w/Force 85hp. my question(first of very many to come) is when i removed my T/T for paint and did not drain the fluid or keep it in an upright posistion( it had been laying flat) did I possibly allow fluid to pass from the resivoir into the electric motor itself perhaps damaging the unit?.. It is currently standing upright and i do not plan to use it for some time...

RRitt

Captain
Re: Yet another tilt trim question from a noob

Hello everyone,

Last year i started a resto project on my 87' capri w/Force 85hp. my question(first of very many to come) is when i removed my T/T for paint and did not drain the fluid or keep it in an upright posistion( it had been laying flat) did I possibly allow fluid to pass from the resivoir into the electric motor itself perhaps damaging the unit?.. It is currently standing upright and i do not plan to use it for some time...

it i possible but unlikely on a 1987 with 3w motor.

the T/T is not original to the engine it was added by the PO and it is a 2 wire if that makes any difference

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

If the seal at the bottom of the housing is good it shouldn't make any difference.
To check take the electric motor part off.
Check for oil,rust etc.
When you reassemble make sure the end of the shaft fits in the pump right.

RRitt

Captain

the T/T is not original to the engine it was added by the PO and it is a 2 wire if that makes any difference

2w seal frequently falls out and allows oil to freely enter motor. 3w seal is an oring and rarely fails except by 25+ years of age.