60 hp Evinrude mode: E60ELCSR cooling issue

rodpaulrod

Cadet
Hi i had this boat sitting for about 10 years now. I figured how get started now i notice that there no
cooling water coming out where there use to be when the engine ran last.
I never worked on the water cooling before for this engine. What do think it is. It been sitting for years. It not clogged up because i looked at the intake and looks clean. Or at least it does not looked clogged. Maybe insect made a nest up in the intake that i cannot see . My guess there is a pump that is stuck and not working. But like i said i never worked on the cooling for this engine or this type of engine before. Could someone help.

Dave Brick

Seaman
Re: 60 hp Evinrude mode: E60ELCSR cooling issue

You need water pump service. Get an OEM manual if you want to do it yourself.

rodpaulrod

Cadet

You need water pump service. Get an OEM manual if you want to do it yourself.

I going to try it with-out a manual as soon as possible. I seen some online parts diagrams that gave me a idea. Just wondering how to disconnect the shift shaft. By look at the diagram i have good idea about the pump and replacing it now.

rodpaulrod

Cadet

Hi i had this boat sitting for about 10 years now. I figured how get started now i notice that there no
cooling water coming out where there use to be when the engine ran last.
I never worked on the water cooling before for this engine. What do think it is. It been sitting for years. It not clogged up because i looked at the intake and looks clean. Or at least it does not looked clogged. Maybe insect made a nest up in the intake that i cannot see . My guess there is a pump that is stuck and not working. But like i said i never worked on the cooling for this engine or this type of engine before. Could someone help.

Just wondering how to disconnect the shift shaft. By look at the diagram i have good idea about the pump and replacing it now.

mauryc

Seaman Apprentice

Doubtful your pump "is stuck". Your impeller may not be in great shape but if it pumped water fine when you set it up more than likely it should pump at least something now. Verify your telltale hose is clear of any dirt dobber nest. A pipe cleaner or small wire up the hose should verify that. I had a huge wasp nest in my water intake when I pulled off my lower unit. All that said, if you plan to use the motor, a water pump service is in order.

rodpaulrod

Cadet

Hi i worked on it some today cleaned it up and took it apart. Dirty, Dirty inside. I put some images here of my engine.

www.muy7.com/boat or,

Click here to see.

Tomorrow i want to start it up, to see the water pump is working right. I remember there is a exhaust exit like 2 or three foot above the prop and some water should come out there, and the hose on the top also.

Last edited:

rodpaulrod

Cadet

I started the engine today there's no water coming out of the hose that is suppose to have water coming out of.
The pump is working though because water coming out one of the exhaust port exit which are about 2 or 3 feet above the prop.
But i think for to be working right it need come out the hose (telltale hose coming from the engine) I removed water outlet hose up to the engine. Sill no water coming out of the hole. I thinking maybe if i put my air tank hose on it and connect it to the hole and put maybe 40 of air pressure in it maybe it will clear it out.