NY canals

gt

Petty Officer 3rd Class
How's the traffic on the NY canals with the new reduced lock hours, and if I remember right, reduced lock operator force?

boatingny

Cadet
Re: NY canals

How's the traffic on the NY canals with the new reduced lock hours, and if I remember right, reduced lock operator force?

Not sure, I am on the Seneca/Cayuga canal just off of Cayuga lake, looks like mostly local traffic, we don't usually see much of the loop traffic until mid July, Locks 2/3 and 4 on the CS canal haven't changed but lock 1 is only open from 8am-6pm, planning a trip out to tonawanda from Seneca Falls later in the summer, we don't think the lock times will impact us, but everyone is concerned that there are more to come. Where is your homeport

she won

Cadet

Mud locks are only operating 8-6? The canal site has all locks from e23 to cayuga seneca canaland c/s canal at 7am-10pm.
Where are you at boatingny? We are on the c/s canal west of waterloo

boatingny

Cadet

Mud locks are only operating 8-6? The canal site has all locks from e23 to cayuga seneca canaland c/s canal at 7am-10pm.
Where are you at boatingny? We are on the c/s canal west of waterloo

We are on the CS just west of Cayuga Lake. Yea it makes no sense that mud lock is only open to 6, according to the lock guys at CS 2/3 the decision was made based on statistics

she won

Cadet

will pass the word. Thanks, We have a few of us taking trips after the 4th. That will play into our decision on where to go.

gearman46

Recruit

Anybody been through Lyons and met the boat stalker guy? If you spend the night hes right there when you step off in the morning or if you pull up during the day hes there before your moored. Its nice to promote your town but jeez...no need to be pushy.

gearman46

Recruit

Plus the unkept lawn, full garbage cans, graffiti. Just not very welcoming. I think we will avoid in the future. Too many other towns that are well kept and welcoming. Plus theres nothing to do there anyway.

boatingny

Cadet

Plus the unkept lawn, full garbage cans, graffiti. Just not very welcoming. I think we will avoid in the future. Too many other towns that are well kept and welcoming. Plus theres nothing to do there anyway.

Wow that's first I have heard of that, I will pass that along to the people in charge over there, that's unusual, I mean about the garbage and such, don't know anything about the stalker