beach switch and leak/play in steering cylinder..

rbuljo

Seaman
Hi gurus..
Engine 4.3GXI-B 3869132 serial. 4012077611

Sterndrive DP-SM1.95(M22) 3868913 serial. 4202059888

I got no "beach switch" on the boat, so I can limit the tilt of the outdrive. want to adjust it so I can limit the tilt so it dont hit the bathing platform when I take the boat out of the water. can this be installed or is it already there? and what do I need?

Also got a leak somewhere on the steering cylinder, drips oil in the engine compartment and I also have quite alot of play in the steering wheel, it doesnt get better when the engine is running either. the play is noticable, from 10-2 if you imagine a watch. (new steering wire and steering unit installed 1 week ago)

dypcdiver

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: beach switch and leak/play in steering cylinder..

Trim up is usually limited by plastic collars that are inside the trim cylinders.

rbuljo

Seaman

yes ofcourse, but i mean that you have a beach/trailer switch so that the trim is limited to normal trim and when you want to put it on a trailer or beach it you switch on beach/trailer mode so that the drive can be tilted all the way up.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What kind of switches do you have? If the boat manufacture uses something different than OEM, there is no way for us to know what you have.

A picture of your throttle control or other trim buttons would help.

rbuljo

Seaman

ah, will get pics. but got a ultraflex b310 controller with trim buttons on the lever. thats it, no other switches that have anything to do with trim.

skydiveD30571

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Not every boat has tilt/trim options. I only have a trim option, so it is just one switch that operates fully up to fully down. If you want to be able to trim up knowing it will stop before hitting the swim platform, you'll have to get trim cylinders with limiters inside like dypcdiver said.