Engine starts fine and stays runningin neutral, stalls when taken out of neutral.

richthekid

Recruit
I own a 1979 Invader Aquarius Ghia with a Ford 302 inboard motor. It starts fine, runs in neutral, but as soon as I try to takeit out of neutral and put it into gear, it stalls. We bought the boat last season and this year we have drained all the old gas and replaced with new. Any ideas what could be causing this??

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Engine starts fine and stays runningin neutral, stalls when taken out of neutral.

I own a 1979 Invader Aquarius Ghia with a Ford 302 inboard motor. It starts fine, runs in neutral, but as soon as I try to takeit out of neutral and put it into gear, it stalls. We bought the boat last season and this year we have drained all the old gas and replaced with new. Any ideas what could be causing this??

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... What drive,..?? Who marinized the motor,..??

ebn2002

Recruit
Re: Engine starts fine and stays runningin neutral, stalls when taken out of neutral.

What are the idle rpm's at? Had that happen when idle RPM's were too low.