2005 Tracker Tundra - Livewell Won't Drain Properly

I have a 18 foot 2005 Tracker Tundra that is giving me some issues with the livewell draining very slowly.
The switch to open the livewell is very hard to turn, takes both hands, but it feels like it opens.
However there is just a trickle and it slowly drains. Slowly as in it takes a week to drain the entire livewell.
I have tried blowing air through the transom drain hole and through the livewell drain hole.
Although a little more water comes out when forcing air through it continues to drain slowly.
Any suggestions?
Thank you,
Royale With Cheese

pckeen

Commander
Re: 2005 Tracker Tundra - Livewell Won't Drain Properly

Have you tried blowing water through the drain hole on the outside of the boat?

Offroadr93

Cadet

I have the same boat with the exact same problem... Switch is really hard to turn and drains so slow... Def could use some help on this one

NYBo

Admiral

I would imagine the valve is partially clogged with fish remains, etc. which would account for both the difficulty turning the handle and the slow flow. I think surgery is in order.

swissfsh

Recruit

I have a 2003 Tundra and have wondered why it drains so slow too - not as slow as yours - what you could do is open the round access cover by the motor find the part that activates the drain it will have a cable running to it - if you cant find it have someone move the activation switch till you see it moving - put water in the live well and try and move it manually and see if there is a point that it comes out faster - you could then adjust the cable or know how far you have to move the switch to drain a little faster - after i screwed around with mine i understood how it worked and was able to adjust

blackhawk180

Petty Officer 1st Class

My Alumaweld live well shipped with what looked like a 3/4" drain. Turns out, they installed a street 90 which reduced the ID to closer to 3/8 and a couple fish scales would slow draining to a crawl. Last winter, I switched out to a 1" drain and did away with the street 90 which improved things greatly. Instead of a remote drain switch, I use a standard plug and that's solved my problem.
Don't know if any of this applies to your situation but perhaps you can take away something that will help.