18 ft Starcraft Bowrider

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibur

Cadet
I have a 16 StarCraft SS but I have always wanted a little bigger boat for Lake Erie. I saw an 18 ft StarCraft Bowrider with a 70Hp Johnson outboard for sale. Its a mid 70's model. I talked to the seller and the motor is running, the steering is good but the floor needs replaced. The boat comes with a trailer that is in good condition according to the owner. The asking price is $1500 and I was thinking about taking a look. Is $1500 a reasonable price?

scottmm73

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 18 ft Starcraft Bowrider

I would say, yes. If the motor is indeed a good working motor, $1500 is worth the price of just the motor.

Do you have a link to the boat?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

It costs Nothing to take a look unless it's a long ways away. But as scottmm73 says, a strong running 70hp is worth the asking price.

scottmm73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sibur,

Just wondering if this is a fiberglass Starcraft or an Aluminum Starcraft. $1500 might not be worth the headache, if a full restoration of the stringers, transom and deck is in the works.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Just wondering if this is a fiberglass Starcraft or an Aluminum Starcraft. $1500 might not be worth the headache, if a full restoration of the stringers, transom and deck is in the works on a fiberglass boat.........

Good luck on the 'just' going to see......

sibur

Cadet

Checked it out today. The boat is actually a 1982 model 18 ft Super Sport. Floor is soft but the transom looks really good and solid. There is a 1/2" deep ding in the bow and another baseball size ding near the point of the bow just below the bottom of the top rub rail. The boat hit hard enough to pull the rivets loose but I believe I can fix it. The motor is a 1981 Johnson 70HP and it fired right up and pumps water fine. The trailer is a COX and looks solid. As much as I would like to buy this boat I think I will have to pass. I just have too many projects. The boat is in the town of Northeast,Pa and is listed on Craigslist in Erie,Pa. I'm not good at posting links but this would make someone a nice project boat.

SigSaurP229

Commander

Thanks sibur I am not interested in buying it but the pics may really help me out. Is it listed in Erie Pa?

jbcurt00

Staff member

Compliments of Sibur:
18ft. Star Craft 70HP & 16ft. AMF 70HP
3tf3Ic3M45sc5H75Mad68571523515c431905.jpg

Looks like a nice cover anyway :)

The 70hp might be undersized, and damaged $1500 might be high w/ a small motor..........

SigSaurP229

Commander

Facepalm, why anyone would try to sell a boat having only pictures with the cover on makes absolutely no sense to me. I didn't want to buy his boat just see his splashwell. Oh well I guess I will go hike someone else's cover up.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Facepalm, why anyone would try to sell a boat having only pictures with the cover on makes absolutely no sense to me. I didn't want to buy his boat just see his splashwell. Oh well I guess I will go hike someone else's cover up.

Because you're supposed to believe what some dolt selling a boat says, that's why, Doubting Thomas. :D Or it's really the cover for sale. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.