Lots of water in oil

Swaldo14

Cadet
Alpha one motor new long block old intake and exhaust, both intake and exhaust have been in salt water, intake has a small hole in the housing part I did several redneck test with light and air on it! It was running when it got hot shut it down hope I didn't spin a bearing but where do I start now replace both? It's in fresh water now do need a different exhaust mani if so a part number do I need to find on the solid one piece old one. Doing a leak down today geez really lost now any pointer or help is greatly appreciated

FireCkn

Cadet
Re: Lots of water in oil

Odds are if it got hot you smoked the intake gaskets at the cross over tube and this is where water is entering the system.

BRG25

Chief Petty Officer

Add some punctuation, we can't understand what you are saying. Alpha one is not a motor, it is an out drive. What engine do you have? Why was it replaced? Engine and Out drive serial numbers will help speed the process along...

Swaldo14

Cadet

Ok, sorry phone typing,and I'm at work no excuse for bad grammar. 4.3 liter with a alpha one. The motor was changed because water in oil over the winter. Now I'm seeing that the problem was not a cracked block at all it's coming in from intake or exhaust? Those was the only things off the old motor. back bolt on stuff is a new flywheel starter gimble ect.