Mercruiser 4.3L MPI alarms

SinOzy

Recruit
Hi all,

I have a 2003 Bayliner with the Mercruiser 4.3L MPI (serial no : 0M629530) and am getting two alarms while starting.

When I turn the ignition key, first test alarm comes. Than as soon as the first alarm stops, when I turn the key again to start the engine, while starting another alarm comes out. And afterwards all the gauges seem to be ok, there is no more alarm and the boat runs great.

As I remember that last year I was hearing only one alarm, I wonder if these is two alarms are normal or not.

Your help on this matter will highly be appreciated.

Regards,

Last edited:

alldodge

Staff member
Re: Mercruiser 4.3L MPI alarms

The alarm(s) are normal, only issue would be if you hear the alarm after the engine is runnning.

SinOzy

Recruit

I've check on youtube and they all seem to have only one alarm before starting. I couldn't see any alarm also while starting.

That's why I couldn't feel comfortable and wanted to ask.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You may be hearing a low voltage alarm while cranking. If the battery is old or not a starting battery you could get the alarm, might have it load tested. Also make sure you have clean, tight (with a wrench) battery cables.

SinOzy

Recruit

The battery is a one year old marine starting battery works well. But I will check if the cables are tight and clean or not?