Sagging tri-hull

Phantomrider71

Recruit
I got a 1978 tri-hull invader 16' fiberglass boat. The bottom of the hull has stress fractures that look like a upside down V underneath the windshild area. The windshield will flop past the other side like the top of boat is spread out. The floor has a few soft spots in it. I cut them out to see what was rotted. The boards that bow across under the floor don't seem to be rotted or soft. There is a rotten 2x4 that runs up the center of the hull. Nothing is attached to it but it is covered with fiberglass. I have no idea what it does. The floor is still attached to both sides of boat. I know nothing about fixing these problems and need some advice other than a stick of dynamite. :D Thanks :p

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Re: Sagging tri-hull

Welcome Invader - Spend a couple of hours here bouncing around the old posts to get an idea of what you are facing. <br /><br />From your description dynamite might be the best idea if you won't get into big trouble using it in Texas or if your boat is in a garage - might be bad for the garage though. May I suggest a chain saw - use it to take out all your frustrations.<br /><br />Seriously you should be able to find a boat with far less problems than this one for cheap.