Need help finding replacement!

djm0

Cadet
Hello Gents,

I have an old 1977 runabout which the pulley has broken. Its kind of a strange mount and I have no idea what it's called to find a replacement. Please see the attached...

20130511_171026.jpg

Any ideas? Until I get a new one installed its angled and grinding when using the boat so I imagine its pretty unsafe :(

Thanks!

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Need help finding replacement!

Looks like an outdated steering system, I had one on my 1961 LoneStar. You may want to consider replacing the entire system with a newer (safer) type of steering system, or just replace parts and tune your existing type. I don't think they used this type of steering system in 1977, is there any chance your boat is older than 1977?

djm0

Cadet

It's possible, when I bought it everything said 1977 though. The engine that was on it was a 64' Chrysler 35hp. I have a Ski Twin 33hp on it now that I've been "restoring". As money is tight and it looks like it will be at least $100 to replace with a more modern system, replacing one pulley shouldn't be that hard do it? That pull has a "cheap, weak" metal casing around it. I tightened the cable and when I raised the motor for transportation I guess it was too tight and cracked it at the top of the mount. The whole pulley is hitting the edge of the mount when I turn the wheel.

djm0

Cadet

OWCH! I may as well deal with an ugly hole in the well and buy a normal pulley for now... that's painful... at that price I might as well just replace the whole system :S