ENJOY some old ( OMC) steel brought to life VIDEO

kodibass

Master Chief Petty Officer
10 hp evinrude - YouTube

Thought you folks might like to see a few I got to this winter, they all run nice, thanks for the help on these classic kickers it was fun to brig back to usable power,

Big Bubba

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: ENJOY some old ( OMC) steel brought to life VIDEO

Nice, I like old vintage stuff. These are really nice old evinrudes. I see you even have a jet drive outboard. Do you buy these and fix these up? Is this a hobby of yours? I would love to do something like this in my area in Upstate South Carolina.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

Bubba contact your local AOMCI chapter. Attend a meet, great guys, great times, and who knows, you may even come home with a motor.

WARNING: It becomes addictive and your wife will hate you ;)

nwcove

Admiral

nice line of motors kodi !!

Big Bubba

Yeap, I might look o Craigslist and local yard sales and see if I can buy some good ole classics dirt cheap and fix them up. I am pretty good with carbs and pretty handy with a wrench so I should be able to fix one up and maybe flip it for a profit or I might just keep it for a while. Who knows, LOL.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

I wouldnt say there is a real profit to be made. Most of us do it for the hobby and enjoyment of keeping them out of the scrap yards.

I restore a couple a week usually. Mostly just mechanical restorations. Lets say for conversation you buy them for 100 bucks not running. Takes about 150 in parts, and hours of your time to restore them. Maybe ask 300 and get haggled to death on kijij and craigslist. You usually break even, lol.

Youll have a fun time doing it though, and get the satisfaction of knowing there is another one around for the masses to enjoy.

Big Bubba

Hum, got me thinking of getting into some of this type of restoration. I like tinkering with stuff and this would be a cool thing to get into. Yeap, the hard part, is I work 45 to 50 hours a week on my full time job so that would be hard to do.

nwcove

Admiral

Hum, got me thinking of getting into some of this type of restoration. I like tinkering with stuff and this would be a cool thing to get into. Yeap, the hard part, is I work 45 to 50 hours a week on my full time job so that would be hard to do.

not hard to do bubba, just be sure to pick the right motor for your first!! its a great hobby, i work some crazy hours myself, and messing with these vintage ob's helps me keep sane!! lol

kodibass

Master Chief Petty Officer

Yep' addictive and fun, & the reason I got into it is folks were just throwing them away..(the 1975 40 in the vid I just picked it up about a month ago at the dump (new points, cleaned the carb replaced the pump) runs great! I mostly end up giving them away to friends who in return like to fish and bring me some of their catch in return or stuff from their garden.. I also trade some of the mid 80's & 90's motors for older stuff that I like, I have always fiddled with mechanical stuff as long as I can remember,, And was lucky enough to befriend a fellow who has now passed away who was by far the best outboard tech. I have ever known. I'm semi retired so I have a bit of time to pursue this hobby and tho allot of what comes my was is salty junkers I have gotten a few nice old gems.