Throttle cable replaced / adjustments ??? 1965 65 hp merc

brnschoneck

Petty Officer 1st Class
While im having this bog down prob... i replaced my throttle cable as it was all shot becouse the motor did not respond until i had it pulled up about half-way is this right ??? also then when i put it in f , after it goes into gear right away but i have to push a little further maybe a inch before it start to accelerate ??? I adjusted it at motor to put a lil preassure on idle stop screw but how do I adjust the pull , im assuming something is controll box is shot but idk i cleaned it all up and greased it what should i try to do next ???? It has the balls on both ends with the little key slot at motor ????

brnschoneck

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Throttle cable replaced / adjustments ??? 1965 65 hp merc

UPDAYE DONE SUCCESS ... If anyone is wondering it was fine just adjusted at motor a bit to put back preassure on idle screw to obtain proper idle rpms....

hotrod53

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Throttle cable replaced / adjustments ??? 1965 65 hp merc

I have the same issue on my '77 Merc. My Mercontrol puts the motor in gear right away, but I have to push my lever 30 degrees before my RPMs increase and about 110 degrees to be wide open. I had my motor off the boat when I first got it, I'm not sure if this was the result of reconnecting the cable or if it was always that way. Any possibility of getting a picture of where you adjusted it?