New Guy

Basscatcher77

Recruit
Hey all! Hope I'm posting this in the right forum. I'm a new boat owner. I'm absolutely new at boating, hardly know anything LOL! Traded my Honda Shadow to a Glastron HPV-175. Was out riding over the Memorial Day weekend, rode up on a bike wreck. Riding bikes just ain't worth it to me anymore, so I traded. My boats a '79 Glastron HPV-175. I was told it originally came with a 175hp motor, but now has a 50hp Mercury. Went out on it for the first time yesterday, had a blast! Enjoy it much more than that bike!

southkogs

Staff member
Re: New Guy

Welcome aboard, and welcome to looney world of boat ownership. ;)

aspeck

Staff member

Welcome to the forum and to boating. Were do you boat in KY? Since you are new to boating, may I suggest a safe boating course? You can find them online of through the Coast Guard Auxiliary. A great way to expand your horizons. Also suggest getting a friend who really knows what they are doing in a boat to help you with docking, slow maneuvering, basic navigation tips, etc. It will help keep you out of the "Stupid Human Tricks" section of the Fora (at least as often). And lastly, don't forget the plug!:eek::facepalm: (yes, personal experience)

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I was also wondering where your boating at, Right off hand I would guess Paintisville or Duey lakes. I used to live in that area and spend many many hours on both. I live close to Huntington now and in fact I am planing on heading down to Yatesville Saturday for the free fishing days.

Basscatcher77

Recruit

Dewey Lake is probably where I'll be doing most of my boating. I'd like to go to others too. I've just started, so I'm gonna just take it easy.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

:welcome: Basscatcher77.

Great people here who are willing and able to help you out.

foodfisher

Captain

While on the water, I can guarantee no gravel in the knee cap, buttux, elbow or teeth.

southkogs

Staff member

Dewey Lake is probably where I'll be doing most of my boating. I'd like to go to others too. I've just started, so I'm gonna just take it easy.
I was gonna' ask ya too but when i looked Pikeville up, you are about 3 hours from any of the lakes I know.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Dewey is a good lake, I spent more summers there than I can remember, My grand mother used to live with in walking distance at Axur and I had uncles who keep boats and house boats there. Used to be real good fishing there especially up toward German bridge.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Welcome aboard, Basscatcher. Don't be a stranger!