Livingston 14' with 40hp & Console

Buff60Indian

Recruit
Does anyone own or have experience with a Livingston 14' catamaran with the center console and remote mounted 40hp outboard? If so, please share your thoughts and post photos and/or videos. I have been researching these suckers but can't find too much on them other than Livingston's promotional materials. I am thinking of getting one for fishing and cruising the Intercoastal. They look like a lot of fun and I can get the entire setup for around $11K or less if I find a used motor.

Thanks!

Buff60Indian

Recruit
Re: Livingston 14' with 40hp & Console

This is a stock photo but it's basically the setup I am thinking of getting... Let me know about your experiences.
Livingston14_CatamaranSkiff_083.jpg
Thanks

livingston14

Recruit
Re: Livingston 14' with 40hp & Console

I just got my grandfathers 79' 14' i got a 35hp long shaft on it. having alot of trouble trying to find the center console for it. i dont like the the latest one from livingston. i feel it make center/ gravity to high. if anyone has a lead on a console or plans to build one let me know

Bsturgeonslayer

Recruit
Why not build your own? They aren't hard to build, get some video's to get you comfortable with glass or epoxy and make one, I just got a 14'er and cant find a console right now so Im going to build one either out of plywood, or make a small mold and make it out of glass to keep weight down.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bsturgeonslayer

Recruit
The nice thing about these Livingstons is you have a nice inner channel there to bolt to, no worrying about the deck or punching into foam like on a Boston Whaler.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Bsturgeon
Take a moment to read the guidelines you agreed to when you joined. Its been 2.5yrs since Buff60 started this topic and almost as long since he logged into iboats.

Probably no longer relavent to discuss Livingston building his own console, as he asked a question about his boat needs in someone elses topic. And hasnt been back since.

Generally, after 90days its probably better to start a new topic, esp if its to discuss a project thats unrelated to the original post in a topic.