Mercruiser 3.0 stalled, wont start no power to gauges

fisk44

Recruit
While I was putting around the lake my boat stalled. When I tried to start it back up it would not click or turn over, nothing. I have power to everything else still, just when I turn the key the gauges dont move.

ktbarrentine

Lieutenant
Re: Mercruiser 3.0 stalled, wont start no power to gauges

Wow....that's always a tough one to deal with. Last time that happened to me out on the lake, it was as simple as a loose fuse connector at the ignition switch under the dash. Was back up and running in minutes (after a bit of panic!) Good luck!

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Check the fuses under the dash. You should have a 20A fuse in the red/purple wire going to the ignition switch.

A bit more engine info would help. Year, Serial number is best. There could also be other things that have changed over the years on the 3.0L engine.

fisk44

Recruit

Its an '03 Mercruiser 3.0, 135 hp. I noticed a 15A fuse in the red/purple wire.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Its an '03 Mercruiser 3.0, 135 hp. I noticed a 15A fuse in the red/purple wire.

Was it good? Older models had a 20A.
If it's good, you should check the 50A breaker on the engine. It supplies power to your 20A fuse.

PS, use a meter to check for voltage, don't just look at them an think they are good.

fisk44

Recruit

Ill be getting a meter tomorrow morning. I talked to the guy at the marina and he mentioned the 50A fuse as well. Appreciate the help.