Replacement gauges

ethan169

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Im not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but its the best that I could find...

Specifically speaking im looking for a replacement tachometer for a Merc 260 or Small block chevy.

Anybody know of some good sources? I have a mid 80's Wellcraft Scarab and the gauges in there are nothing crazy just white face older teleflex marine gauges. My tach failed and id like to find something close to it. However all I find is black face gauges or gauges that are for outboards engines. I would have figured there would be plenty of options for this type of gauge.

Maybe I dont know how to search anymore..

This is what im trying to replace. Unfortuantly I dont have a close up of the tach. But you get the idea there are just plane jane white...
IMG_1318.jpgIMG_1315.jpg

04fxdwgi

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Replacement gauges

Im not sure if this is the right place to ask this question but its the best that I could find...

Specifically speaking im looking for a replacement tachometer for a Merc 260 or Small block chevy.

Anybody know of some good sources? I have a mid 80's Wellcraft Scarab and the gauges in there are nothing crazy just white face older teleflex marine gauges. My tach failed and id like to find something close to it. However all I find is black face gauges or gauges that are for outboards engines. I would have figured there would be plenty of options for this type of gauge.

Maybe I dont know how to search anymore..

This is what im trying to replace. Unfortuantly I dont have a close up of the tach. But you get the idea there are just plane jane white...
View attachment 196775View attachment 196776

Didn't search correctly, me thinks. Here ya go

Tach/LCD Hour, Outboard & 4 Cycle Gas, 3" - Teleflex Marine 67174P - iboats

Boat Tachometers - iboats

Or, if you can't find what you are looking for, try this:

Tachometers - In Dash (electronic) from egauges.com

Interesting.... Never seen a white faced tach with a white pointer before. Would think it would be pretty hard to see in the bright sunlight. I changed all mine to the "Sahara" tan faced instruments w/ red pointers. Real easy to see in all lighting conditions, especially bright sunlight.

ethan169

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Replacement gauges

Well I saw that gold series by teleflex on this websites store section as well. I guess whats throwing me off is the description "Tach/LCD Hour, Outboard & 4 Cycle Gas, 3" - Teleflex Marine"

It says outboard AND 4-cycle gas. I guess the way I read that is that it is for the traditional 2 cycle oil injected or premix outboard and 4-cycle versions. Doesnt mention anything about inboard engines or automotive type engines. I do realize that the type of inboard engine im talking about is indeed a 4-cycle gas engine. So i guess if that really means its good for all 4-cycles then im good to go.

Thanks for the e-gauges link too thats one I havent seen yet.