Can't decide on a prop. Need Help

boatx123

Recruit
Hey everybody,

so i have been searching all over the internet for the past 5 days trying to find the perfect prop of my boat, i have a 25 HP Nissan 4-stroke Model# NSF25B. The RPM range is 5,000-6,000. The boat is a little 13 footer. The prop that i currently have is 9.9X12. I can not decide if i want a 3 or 4 prop blade or what kind of pitch or even what company to get. I would like to get the maneuverability of the 4 blade but do not want to lose much speed. My max speed is about 28MPH with the current prop. The only thing i know is that i would like to keep my prop aluminum.

Thank You so much to anyone that helps me out.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Can't decide on a prop. Need Help

You really need to have a tach.A Tiny tach will work.
Be sure to tell them it is for an outboard. The only way to evaluate your setup is with the rpm and a gps speed.
Under ideal conditions that little motor should be able to make 30 mph or more.
Tell us the details on your boat.What year is the motor?
The anti vent plate (just above the prop) should be even with or up to an inch above the bottom of the transom.
Is the motor in excellent tune.Have you played with the trim?

boatx123

Recruit

You really need to have a tach.A Tiny tach will work.
Be sure to tell them it is for an outboard. The only way to evaluate your setup is with the rpm and a gps speed.
Under ideal conditions that little motor should be able to make 30 mph or more.
Tell us the details on your boat.What year is the motor?
The anti vent plate (just above the prop) should be even with or up to an inch above the bottom of the transom.
Is the motor in excellent tune.Have you played with the trim?

My boat is a 2005 or 2006 i sent in a form to make sure, so i will let you know when i do.

IMAG0386.jpgIMAG0384.jpgIMAG0385.jpgIMAG0382.jpgIMAG0383.jpg

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Some better pics of the motor in relation to the bottom of the transom. would help.
Pictures of the boat as well.
a 3 blade prop should give the best speed.
there are 3 or 4 props that are bigger depending on your rpm one might improve your speed.
Just changing to a new prop might help.