76 70 hp evinrude runs well slow but stalls as increase throttle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfred

Cadet
I have a 1976 70 hp Evinrude that starts well and runs well at low speed. When I try to increase the throttle, it stalls.

Thanks.

TrueNorthist

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 76 70 hp evinrude runs well slow but stalls as increase throttle

Talk about information overload. I think I need to lay down. ...

heath449

Recruit

I have a 1976 70 hp Evinrude that starts well and runs well at low speed. When I try to increase the throttle, it stalls.

Thanks.
did you ever figure out your problem i have the same motor and mine starts up fine and will go slow but dies as soon as i throttle up i changed the fuel pump and still the same thing come to find out the fuel pump i put on was for a smaller hp motor but ive read on these sites that it should be fine.......just need a little help thanks

fireman57

Captain

do a search on here for service bulletin 1144. Joe Reeves sent it to me and it worked perfectly. If you can't find it repost and I will try to send it to you.

antcubit

Recruit

do a search on here for service bulletin 1144. Joe Reeves sent it to me and it worked perfectly. If you can't find it repost and I will try to send it to you.

can you send that to me i can't find it on here. ant.cubit@gmail.com

i have a 1977 evinrude 35 and when i try to go full throttle or even pick up any kind of speed it stalls. it
s kind of like driving your car at 50 mph and throwing it in neutral?

your help or anyone else would be greatly appreciated

jbfrog

Recruit
If anyone has a service bulletin 1144 that they can e-mail me I need it. I need to do carb. work on 1976 70 hp. ferg4719@yahoo.com . Will boog down when going to full speed.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
This thread has been dormant for 3 1/2 years, the OP hasn't replied to in 4 1/2 yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.