Can you mount a fishfinder without drilling extra holes? HOW TO...

Lukelona

Chief Petty Officer
I want to add a fishfinder/depthfinder and im wondering if it can be done without drilling holes.

Is there an adhesive or mounting bracket you can make to avoid extra holes in your transom?

Ive heard 5200 sealant/adhesive is strong, but not sure if it could work for this.

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Can you mount a fishfinder without drilling extra holes? HOW TO...

they make a thru hull transduser :noidea: not sure how well they work

Lukelona

Chief Petty Officer

ya, im definitely not trying to put a huge hole in the bottom either.

And I already have the fishfinder and transducer. Its a transom mounted transducer.

I was wondering if you could adhere the transducer without drilling holes.

Bifflefan

Commander

Some have taken a thick plastic board and glued it to the transom and then mounted the transducer to it.
But for the 3 small holes the screws make and a little 4200 on them when installed, I dont see the problem. Just put 2 of them on the transom of my brand new boat.
But as this one is yours, thats your call.

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander

I believe the thru hull is glued to the inside, it reads thru the hull no holes required. but if you already have the transom mount one, some use the mounting board as mentioned, another method ive seen here, if you have an outboard transom, mount it to a board then clamp that to the transom

Lukelona

Chief Petty Officer

I believe the thru hull is glued to the inside, it reads thru the hull no holes required. but if you already have the transom mount one, some use the mounting board as mentioned, another method ive seen here, if you have an outboard transom, mount it to a board then clamp that to the transom

o ya, I think your right it does read through the hull. But at $200+ ill just use my transom mount.

I just dont want any more holes in my transom if I dont need to.
I think I wanna do the plate thing, what should I use to "glue" it to the transom?