What year and HP is this carburetor 322276? Can't find part number anywhere

lilhoss

Cadet
What year and HP is this carburetor with a number on it of 322276?

Can't find part number anywhere?

Any help would be great!

lilhoss

Cadet
Re: What year and HP is this carburetor 322276? Can't find part number anywhere

Number on bottom of float bowl is 317020

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

322276 is not a valid consumer part number. It is possible that it is a casting number used by a supplying vendor-not sold to customers. Ditto for the bowl part number. You'd have better luck comparing the configuration (appearance) with the factory parts lists: epc.brp.com
Also, the number and size of jets in the carb can be unique to a model year. Carb bowl configurations changed every few years, specifically the location of the mid jets.

lilhoss

Cadet

Hmm ok, was hoping there would be a part number on the carbs at least. Still trying to figure out year and model of my motor. I'm pretty sure its been pieced together, would just like to know for future parts/repair.

lilhoss

Cadet

Just a side note emdsapmgr, when i pulled the carbs apart i noticed each jet is a different number. 26,27,28,29

That doesn't sound right to me? Shouldn't they all be the same?

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

You don't indicate whether this is a V4, V6 or a 3 cyl engine. Your jet size is perhaps a mid-jet size. I'd do a couple of things 1. determine the configuration of the bowl first. Some bowls have only a single screw on each side, hiding the main jet. Some have two screws on the side, each hiding jets. Some have a single side screw and a mid-jet inside the bowl-only accessible by bowl removal. Each type of bowl refers to a different age/year group. 2. Once you identify the age range, then start of compare the main jet size. They are unique to hp and to year. Many differed every year, so they become a unique trait. 3. It is unusual to have different jets in same carb positions in the same engine, but not unheard of. Some engines (a few) used different jets in the same carbs to control the cyl firing temps. Esp on those V6 engines with the 25" midsections.

lilhoss

Cadet

Its a 4 cylinder. I will have to take a closer look at jet locations on each carb.