1994 Sportjet 90HP no spark

babyboomer

Recruit
Another case of no spark. Was referred to this forum from a member of Smokstak. Lots of great posts here. I've read through many of the older posts. Got the flywheel off, switch box. Disconnected black/yellow wire; still no spark. Check continuity with DMM and ignition coils look good. Same for trigger coils, charger (yellow wires) coils too, but I have what seems a strange reading on the pair of wires which power the swtich box. Red 150 ohms to ground. Blue reads 3+ meg ohms to ground and all the other wires. This does not seem normal. Are not the red and blue wires power for the switch box or is power from red to ground? Then what is the blue wire used for?

TIA

babyboomer

Recruit
Re: 1994 Sportjet 90HP no spark

Another case of no spark. Was referred to this forum from a member of Smokstak. Lots of great posts here. I've read through many of the older posts. Got the flywheel off, switch box. Disconnected black/yellow wire; still no spark. Check continuity with DMM and ignition coils look good. Same for trigger coils, charger (yellow wires) coils too, but I have what seems a strange reading on the pair of wires which power the swtich box. Red 150 ohms to ground. Blue reads 3+ meg ohms to ground and all the other wires. This does not seem normal. Are not the red and blue wires power for the switch box or is power from red to ground? Then what is the blue wire used for?

TIA

Oh was supposed to add, unit has a black stator. I'm looking for serial numbers on the engine and haven't found them.