Polyester Resin, How Dangerous

G DANE

Commander
I work outside in my boat, doing some reinforcement. I wear a proper mask. <br /><br />Does anyone know, how dangerous will the fumes be for people near by, in exa. the neighbor, sometimes just 10' away, animal ext. Are the fumes lighter than air ??

petrolhead

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Polyester Resin, How Dangerous

Outdoors virtually no danger at all, probably less than your car exhaust at that range, but they may object to the smell.<br />Try working on a breezy day, preferably when the wind is blowing away from your neighbours!<br /><br />BTW, a mask won't protect you against the fumes, only the dust, and in a confined space the fumes can be very dangerous.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

A proper chemical respirator is the way to go. If you can't smell it, then you have the right mask. The stink disapates readily when working outside, it should be fine in your situation.

G DANE

Commander

It is a chemical repirator, with yellow filters. Removes most of the smell. Out 2 cats like to sit and watch mee, worried me a bit too.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Cats are pretty chemical sensative. If they do not like what they are smelling, they get out of dodge pretty quick. If they are hangin' out, then they are not being bothored by it. They should be fine....