help in posting please.

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade
After being away for awhile, I have started posting and replying to different threads. I am signed in and can receive PMs. So I type in a sometimes extensive reply and submit it only to be told that I do not have permission to submit, I have to sign in again. I go back and am signed in. Then my post which is typed with one finger is gone. What am I doing wrong? Bit aggravating as I do not know if I am wasting my time or not. Please help. Over the years I have submitted over 1000 post. thanks FRED

Allbutwet

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: help in posting please.

Fred, I too have this happen from time to time. I now copy my post prior to hitting the post button. This way if it times me out I can resign in and paste my post without having to retype everything again.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

When you sign in, click the little "Remember me" box and you can spend hours typing your question, then the software will log you back in automatically.
If you don't check the box and you don't change pages the software thinks you left and it logs you out after 15 minutes. Thus the warning and lost post.

If you want to log out after your visit, just click the sign out button.

Personally, I never log out and never have to log in every time I visit.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Yeah, the remember me button will remember you for a long time. I never have to sign back in unless I clean out my cache'.

UncleWillie

Captain

Also notice that, every now and then, a quick "Auto Saved" message appears in the bottom right of the posting window.

If you re-open the Post later, watch for the "Restore Auto-Saved Content" Message in the Bottom Left of the Window.
It is White lettering inside of the Thick Grey Bottom Bar. It doesn't jump out at you!
If you click it before it disappears, your old post will be recovered.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

All that info in the auto-save goes away once you click the post button.

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thankyou guys. Will admit that I sometimes forget to click the REMEMBER ME box. Been away for awhile, is all coming back to me. FRED

aspeck

Staff member

Btw, welcome back, Fred!