Custom Coverings for boat.

FindingWaldo

Recruit
Hello guys,

I recently purchased a 15 ft starcraft tristar boat. It did not come with covers for cockpit and bow which is a bummer for me because I don't want to leave the boat exposed to the weather with recently redone upholstery on the marina. Thus, My question is this, does any one have advice on how to properly make custom coverings for the **** pit and bow that would expedite my effectiveness? I want to keep my expenses down to 550$ and soo far I am at ~230$.

The things I've purchased so far;
Press Snaps from rochford
Quick Fit Kit from sailrite
Sewing foot
Jeans Stitch thread
Denim needles

Also, I will be using sunbrella fabric(200$ roughy) and a brother sewing machine(if it doesn't break down :confused:)
I insert the video for your viewing. Recently installed stereo.

Press-N-Snap (Aluminum) for Installing Fastener, Air Equipment, Upholstery Tools, Pliers for Baby Clothing Snaps, Press-N-Snap (Aluminum) for Installing Fastener from Rochford Supply - Your Online Textile and Upholstery Superstore!
Quick Fit Kit in Waterproof Box

FindingWaldo

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Custom Coverings for boat.

Welcome, FW - I have absolutely no experience making these kinds of covers but would like to try sometime. Good on ya for taking the leap. I have often wondered if making a template out of a few cheap bedsheets first to make sure you have all your sizing done right might be a good idea. Other than that, I noticed that the professional cover maker who did our boat doubled up the material around high pressure/friction areas such as the windshield corners and such.

Good luck and post some pics of your results!