mold/midew removal

fatfishfan

Seaman Apprentice
I didnt know which forum to put this in but i am replacing the wood under the seat cushions, what do you guys use to remove mold/mildew on the vinyl?

Levinz11

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: mold/midew removal

Water/bleach for me. Some say it will degrade the stitching over time. Simple Green works great, too.

fatfishfan

Seaman Apprentice

mine are pretty funky, think bleach and water is the way to go? If so how much should I dilute it? Some of them are coming off completely so I could actually soak them, for the once that arent coming off should i just spray them and let it sit for a while?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

This...
th

Levinz11

Senior Chief Petty Officer

mine are pretty funky, think bleach and water is the way to go? If so how much should I dilute it? Some of them are coming off completely so I could actually soak them, for the once that arent coming off should i just spray them and let it sit for a while?

I just use a few caps of bleach diluted in a spray bottle of water. I spray all the areas I'm going to clean and by the time I get back to where I started the bleach has really started to work. You just have to wipe it off at that point.

The guy with 12,000 posts recommends a product above. It probably works :)

fatfishfan

Seaman Apprentice

I just use a few caps of bleach diluted in a spray bottle of water. I spray all the areas I'm going to clean and by the time I get back to where I started the bleach has really started to work. You just have to wipe it off at that point.

The guy with 12,000 posts recommends a product above. It probably works :)

LOL good point, maybe I will try with both LOL

fatfishfan

Seaman Apprentice

actually there are 3 kinds
Spray nine multi purpose cleaner and degreaser

Marine spray nine

Spray nine mold and mildew stain remover

Does any one specific product work better than the next?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

If That's your only choice locally. They are typically Higher than most. Call around to the Marina's and see if any of them carry it or see where they get theirs. In Orlando there has to be several places.