14R Seanymph

duststang

Seaman
Well the kids wanted to go fishing so I get the fishing boat out to get it ready. Started to clean it and noticed the transom was not looking right some wood rot coming out. I removed all the screws and opened it up behold the wood between the aluminum was rotten. I cleaned everything up cut a new piece out of a 2x12 and started to reinstall. Oops too thick so I had to get another piece got it in and replaced all the hardware with stainless. So it is all back together and my dad tells me he has a piece of acrylic that would be perfect (wish he said something earlier). All in all it really was not a hard job little time consuming. I am too eager to start fishing so I am not going to take it back apart to install acrylic the wood should be fine. The good news is now we should be ready to go catch some fish. Cannot wait we have been without fresh fish for a while and starting to get the itch. Now need to find a deal on bigger motor, the 9.5 Evnrude does the job though. The kids love going way back in the coves.