Engine dying Help

Esox Phoibles

Recruit
I have a '96 Fast Strike 150hp that has worked well for quite a few years. The last couple of years have been frustrating. The engine runs well at start up/ idle, then when I get out and power up it wants to die, sometimes. Then it started dying when I was running at plane, 3/4 throttle, no hiccup just dead. It would seem to run fine then just die. Then it became really hard to start, no firing at all. But if it ran it ran great. I checked and in the end it seemed electrical, no spark at plugs. I had a mechanic fix it, he said it was the ignition switch. Replaced that and plugs and primer bulb. Ran great for a while then started same thing again. Now no spark.
I ran across an old thread- as follows-
Re: 1995 Evinrude 150 has spark only in top right plug
I have a 1989 150hp evinrurde that had only spark on one cyc then it would get spark on all of them. I replaced the timer base which was the problem, now it fires up on all 6 everytime. Check your DVA output of your timer base to see if it is telling the power pack to fire on all 6 points.
I really don't know what this is. I am mechanical but need a little help OR A LOT OF HELP :)
Could this be my problem?
Thanx

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Engine dying Help

For a guess. Possibly a bad power pack or OIS sensor. They will give you those kind of probs. The 1989 150 has entirely different ign system than yours.

Esox Phoibles

Recruit
Re: Engine dying Help

Boobie - Good call on the powerpack. She is running smooth and fast. AND RUNNING Thanks