Mercurusier 4.3 I/O Audible Alarm Location

rnldj48

Cadet
I can hear the audible alarm when I turn the key on before starting the engine. I can not locate it, can you help me find it so the I can replace it because it is not loud enough. The sound is coming from the engine compartment. I have looked all around the console and can not find any device that reasembles the alarm. I have a new one that came with the boat when I purchased it. The boat is a 2006 Triton 20' foot spirit, it resembles a pontoon boat except with a aluminum hull. Constructed by Tony Betz.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Mercurusier 4.3 I/O Audible Alarm Location

Use your ears and follow the sound. Other than behind the dash, there is no possible way of telling with the info you gave.

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Welcome to IBOATS.

As Don indicated, year at least but preferably serial number would help narrow down your specific setup.

My 2005 4.3 mpi buzzer was roughly the size of a quarter if you try and look for it.

Mark

rnldj48

Cadet

Use your ears and follow the sound. Other than behind the dash, there is no possible way of telling with the info you gave.

[I update my post with more info, can you help?]

rnldj48

Cadet

Welcome to IBOATS.

As Don indicated, year at least but preferably serial number would help narrow down your specific setup.

My 2005 4.3 mpi buzzer was roughly the size of a quarter if you try and look for it.

Mark

[I shoud have seen that Coming]

Don S

I can hear the audible alarm when I turn the key on before starting the engine. I can not locate it, can you help me find it so the I can replace it because it is not loud enough. The sound is coming from the engine compartment. I have looked all around the console and can not find any device that reasembles the alarm. I have a new one that came with the boat when I purchased it. The boat is a 2006 Triton 20' foot spirit, it resembles a pontoon boat except with a aluminum hull. Constructed by Tony Betz.

Open engine hatch> turn key to run position> go back to engine compartment and follow the sound to the alarm.

rnldj48

Cadet

Open engine hatch> turn key to run position> go back to engine compartment and follow the sound to the alarm.

[I did but still can't find it, I know it sounds crazy. I even got a mirror out and started looking all under the motor.]

red85k100rs

Seaman

take a 3 - 4 foot piece of hose put one end to you ear, the other end move around where you think the alarm sound is coming from. I bet you find it quick.

Don S

First of all, Merc doesn't put alarms on the engines. Is your engine carbed or MPI? Does the alarm you hear in the engine compartment stay on all the time the key is on, or does it come on and go off in a few seconds.

rnldj48

Cadet

It comes on for a few seconds and then off, it sounds like it is coming from the engine compartment. I have had me head back there when the key is turned on. MPI

Don S

Is your engine carbed or MPI?

The engines Mercruiser serial number would be a good thing about now.

It comes on for a few seconds and then off, it sounds like it is coming from the engine compartment.

Having this funny feeling you have an MPI engine, and what you are hearing is the fuel pump when it comes on for 2 seconds and goes off.

rnldj48

Cadet

You are correct, it is a MPI and that is the sound thats coming from the fuel pump. Now I just need to find a wiring schematic for the Boat to locate the correct wires to tie the new alarm into because I can not seem to find wear the old alarm was mounted. Thanks for your help I do appreciate it. Happy boating.

rnldj48

Cadet

Don,
I want to thank you for your help and your site, it is so awesome.
Thanks,
Ron J

Don S

Missed your reply from yesterday.

Look under your dash, as Mark mentioned up in reply #4, the buzzer is about the size of a quarter in diameter. Maybe 1/2" or so thick. Has a purple wire and a tan blue wire going to it.. You just have to get under there and look.