Surpentine Belt Size?

BornBlue82

Seaman
I need to replace my surpentine belt b/c it is no longer serviceable. The Mercruiser # is 57-862086-1. I was wondering if someone knew an after market part number from an auto parts store. I know I have the option to take it in the the autoparts store, it's out of my way on a daily basis to go to one. It would be easier to order it online and have it shipped to me. The oem price is just rediculious. If anyone has ever replaced this with aftermarket, can you please tell me the part number. Thanks all in advance.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Surpentine Belt Size?

I need to replace my surpentine belt b/c it is no longer serviceable. The Mercruiser # is 57-862086-1. I was wondering if someone knew an after market part number from an auto parts store. I know I have the option to take it in the the autoparts store, it's out of my way on a daily basis to go to one. It would be easier to order it online and have it shipped to me. The oem price is just rediculious. If anyone has ever replaced this with aftermarket, can you please tell me the part number. Thanks all in advance.

Ayuh,.... Have ya Looked, right here at iboats,.... I bet they list it by serial number, probably to a Gates cross...

The Links are at the top of this page,...

Soder99

Cadet

This Cross Reference Guide should help you.

View attachment SierraSerpentineBeltGuide.pdf

Find the length of the belt at the top and then match it up to an automotive belt.

You may try looking at this Goodyear site.

For example, my belt is a Sierra 18-15116 which is 42 inches long. The Goodyear part number would be 4050420.

Find that at an auto parts store and you should be on your way!

BornBlue82

Seaman

View attachment 195889

Find the length of the belt at the top and then match it up to an automotive belt.

For example, my belt is a Sierra 18-15116 which is 42 inches long. The Goodyear part number would be 4050420.

The length of my belt is around 78" (thats old and stretched), I would say it should be close to 77 3/4 to 77 1/2. They don't list the length or even close to it on the pdf.

BornBlue82

Seaman

View attachment 195889

Ok so I used the Goodyear site and found the size. I also found the Sierra Part # out of the latest catalog it is 18-15101. I also have the Gates, Dayco, Napa, Duralast part #'s. But I'm gonna go to a local part store to verify that all these are good numbers. Thanks Soder99 for the infor. Thanks all for the advice.

BornBlue82

Seaman

Ok so after searching for belts with roughly the same length, I was successful in finding a belt that fits and is a lot less expensive. Part numbers are below to help anyone in the same situation. Wanting to save a buck and get back on the water or service your ride. Note: this research worked for me. I would advice anyone to go to there local auto parts store with these numbers instead of ordering online, to keep from having to ship back in case it doesn't fit. Hope this helps anyone.

OEM Belt 57-862086-1 equiped on my 4.3 alpha 1

Belts that will work by name and part #

Dayco - 5060763 (76.3") (width .82) Currently Installed on my boat and fits perfectly, with a cost of $23.00.
5060765 (76.5")

Sierra - 18-15101 (76.5") (width 13/16)

Napa - NBH 25060763

Gates - K060763

Drive Rite/Duralast (Lowest Quality Belt)
763k6 (76.3)
765k6 (76.5)