Three Rooker Bar

CadillacsCowgirl

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My Husband and I have spent the day discussing a trip to Three Rooker Bar. Has anyone else been there? Is it a safe trip for our Aquasport 165? What's the best time of year to go? Best place to launch the boat from? Etc. Any input or info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

brad614

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Three Rooker Bar

Three Rooker is fun, but watch out for the drunks later in the day. Boating around them can be sketchy! Its almost like a Spring Break enviroment. If you are drinking, be careful. The cops like to stop people coming out of there. As for launching, it would depend where you live. There are a number of ramps along there - I can give you input if I know where you are coming from. Your boat would be fine coming in from the ICW channel, just watch your depth when you get close. Any Saturday or Sunday would be good as long as the weather is good. We were up there on Memorial Day and there were about 200 boats there!

CadillacsCowgirl

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We would probably be putting in at Anclote River Park (someone on another forum suggested there). As far as 200 boats, that's nothing compared to what we deal with going to Disappearing Island at Ponce Inlet. Our guesstimate for this past Sunday... 700 boats... packed into a very small spot.

CadillacsCowgirl

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We're looking for a spot like Three Rooker... clean clear water... without the barrage of 18-20 something year olds playing obnoxiously loud bad techno. We're both 42 and well past those days!

brad614

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thhat's the way we feel. We usually go to the north side of Caladesi Island in Hurricane Pass and anchor right there. Not a big party place, but a GREAT place to hang out.

CadillacsCowgirl

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hmm. Maybe we'll look into planning a trip there instead. All I know is we're ready to get off the east coast for a day, maybe a weekend.

brad614

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Let me know when you are coming over and I can give you a few points on where to go ands what to see.