5.7 gi serge problem help please

Davidave

Recruit
Hi I have a 1994 Volvo Penta 5.7 gi . It runs fine till it gets warm at normal ops rating temprature then it serg from 2000rmp to 3500rpm if it cools down its perfect until I run it again , the engines have done 250 hours there are 2 side by side so I've swaped every part from one to other Sencers ECM all modules and other engine runs fine there on a single fuel tank so no probs with fuel the problem started after the manifold and risers blocked and that engine went into limp
I replaced manifold risers and hey this problem started I'm baffled oh and no diagnostic codes are showing on ECM can anyone help please

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
Re: 5.7 gi serge problem help please

can measure the voltage from the injector lines and see if the voltage vary's with the surge. If it does not vary you have either a bad ground or more than probably a fuel pressure problem. Fuel pressure gauges can be rented at orilely's auto parts

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

attachment.php

For details of the items to check, here is a link to the manual. Click Here

Attachments

• Surging.jpg
    Surging.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 0

Davidave

Recruit

Hi all thanks for help , I didn't mention but I have replaced the 2 fuel pumps new so I'm aliminating fuel pressure iv also cleaned fuel box and lines new oil and water sencer switches the engine runs perfect through all throttle ranges until the engine reaches normal oparating temprature then the port side injector cuts out comes on cuts out intermittent although I have new Sencers plugs , leads , distributor cap coil , iv swaped ECM and modules from other engine but I did notice when I had flame arrester off that the fuel was creating ice as it injected into manifold is this Normal

Last edited: