Speed Queen / Gator Trailer help

llinde

Recruit
I recently purchased an old Glastex Speed Queen "Center Deck" (dual cockpit) model runabout that sits on a vintage Gator Trailer. The only identifying mark on the boat is a small metallic sticker in the transom area that indicates the boat is Serial No. 2942. The Gator trailer is stamped 2330(not sure if that's a zero or the letter "O")W followed by 214 ... so 2330W 214.

Based on my research it appears Speed Queen produced this model boat from 1953-1960 with little to no variation in the design. My guess, based on the Gator trailer (tubular frame) the boat sits on, is that it's in the 1955-58 range.

I've scoured numerous sites and information appears to be scarce. Any suggestions on how I can determine the exact year of my boat (I need to apply for a new title) and/or trailer???

Thanks in advance!

Hop

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Speed Queen / Gator Trailer help

Did you get any paperwork when you bought the boat/trailer?

llinde

Recruit

No paperwork...other than the Bill of Sale on boat / trailer.

llinde

Recruit

Perhaps. The boat was purchased in Michigan and will be registered in Indiana.

I made a special trip to the local BMV office PRIOR to purchase and they assured me a completed Bill of Sale (signed under penalty of perjury) and Physical Inspection of Watercraft / Trailer (conducted by local law enforcement) were all I would need. They said because of the age of the boat, the fact it has no permanently affixed motor and the length (just 13'-10") there shouldn't be any problems. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Which brings me back to my original issues...not knowing the exact year of the boat and trailer for the forms. Guess I could just make an educated guess but I'd really like to figure out their true production year for my own benefit.

Any suggestions?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Get in touch with the BMV, explain the situation and follow their lead. Probably going to get a State assigned HIN for the boat, maybe State assigned VIN for the trailer.