Pontoon trailer guide options

newcomlr

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Have a bunk style trailer for 25' Party Barge. It has two pairs of the roller style guides (see pic), both pairs mounted on the front half of the trailer.

I would like to make loading as easy as possible, so am weighing several optional approaches:

• Add another pair or two of the roller guides on the rear half of the trailer
  • Move one the back most pair of roller guides rearward to the next cross member.
  • Modifying the roller guides to be side bunk supports (remove rollers and mount carpeted bunks between the two)
  • Can't find ready made brackets for side bunk guides, so was thinking about the ones seen at the link below and modifying to serve as the brackets for bunk guides.

Anyone ever tried option 3? Is there a downside to the side bunks being at an angle versus vertical? (Note the guides shown on the link say "angled back to avoid damaging pontoon tube spray fins".

1997 Tracker Marine Pontoon Trailer 3.jpg

Link for Pontoon Trailer Loading Guides

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Pontoon trailer guide options

This is what you want , it is easy to make and works very well.

trailer front.jpg

newcomlr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

A new option emerged over the weekend. Found a craigslist posting for a brand new pair of bunk trailer guides. Heavy duty powder coated backets, carpeted bunks, and hardware (U-bolts) for $60 !!!!!! Picked them up yesterdayl Perfect! A heck of a deal! :D

The seller is a boat dealer (Sea Ray of Louisville) that takes the guides off trailers when they are converting the Pontoon to a tri-toon. They have at least one set still, although they got a bunch of inquiries yesterday. Ad with pics in link below.

PONTOON TRAILER GUIDES

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

That is exactly what you need, Those work first time ever time.

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class

A new option emerged over the weekend. Found a craigslist posting for a brand new pair of bunk trailer guides. Heavy duty powder coated backets, carpeted bunks, and hardware (U-bolts) for $60 !!!!!! Picked them up yesterdayl Perfect! A heck of a deal! :D

The seller is a boat dealer (Sea Ray of Louisville) that takes the guides off trailers when they are converting the Pontoon to a tri-toon. They have at least one set still, although they got a bunch of inquiries yesterday. Ad with pics in link below.

PONTOON TRAILER GUIDES

Thanks!!

I emailed to see if they would ship the brackets to me without the boards. We will see.

Don

newcomlr

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks!!

I emailed to see if they would ship the brackets to me without the boards. We will see.

Don

The brackets alone were worth that to me. I drove nearly two hours each way to pick up. Will take me 10 minutes to install.

You might want to call them. Ask for Brian or Bob.