fitted full boat covers??

revkev6

Seaman
Hey guys, my boat came with the bow and cockpit cover. the front of the boat is becoming soaked in water because it all runs down the windshield under the bow cover. I'm looking to get a fitted full cover, any recommendations??

BiggerDee

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: fitted full boat covers??

I bought the semi-custom one right here from iBoats, and I have loved it. It fits very well, matches my color perfectly, and has a rope sewn into the bottom edge that can cinch it up snug. It also has web loops around the edge, and I bought the optional trailersing straps for extra peace of mind since I tow mine in the interstate all of the time. The cover looks completely custom, is tough, and it can take 85MPH on the interstate without even flinching. I use mine mainly to keep bugs from pelting it on the trip, and also to keep dust out until I can get to the lake. I recommend it, and it's a great price.

BiggerDee

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Tahoe by Tracker Marine Q7 SSi Boat Cover I/O (2006 - 2012) ShoreMaster Custom Boat Cover #THOE1012 - iboats

I'm pretty sure that I got the Sunburst fabric. It had my (dark cherry) color, and was the top one that wasn't designed for full time outside storage (I keep my boat garaged). I've used it for two years now, and it looks brand new.

It's really cool, their attention to quality and detail is easy to see. Right over where the seats are, there are two (one on each side) plastic air scoops (with the opening facing rearward, of course!) that pull fumes/hot air out of the boat when traveling, and let the interior vent/dry when stationary. I didn't know that they would be on there, and it's a great detail.

revkev6

Seaman

Tahoe by Tracker Marine Q7 SSi Boat Cover I/O (2006 - 2012) ShoreMaster Custom Boat Cover #THOE1012 - iboats

I'm pretty sure that I got the Sunburst fabric. It had my (dark cherry) color, and was the top one that wasn't designed for full time outside storage (I keep my boat garaged). I've used it for two years now, and it looks brand new.

It's really cool, their attention to quality and detail is easy to see. Right over where the seats are, there are two (one on each side) plastic air scoops (with the opening facing rearward, of course!) that pull fumes/hot air out of the boat when traveling, and let the interior vent/dry when stationary. I didn't know that they would be on there, and it's a great detail.

are you sure you got the sunburst?? that is one that isn't rated for trailering?? I was thinking of getting the traveltough or the weathermax.... My boat sits outside year round.

what did it come with for hardware?? poles, straps etc??

BiggerDee

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I will double check this afternoon and let you know. What I got was rated for trailering. If you're going to keep it outside, get the top of the line. Just a few more dollars to provide protection for a really big investment, and the highest quality one will last the longest, saving you money in the long run. No hardware. just the preinstalled web loops for the trailering straps, and the cinch rope sewn into the bottom edge. I was planning on going to the river yesterday and was going to put the cover on and take a picture for you, but I ended up not going.

The Cinch rope, as I call it, has a length out the back on one side, and a loop out of the other. You run the free end through the loop, and cinch it tight, and then it off. As for poles, I don't remember if they were an option but since I didn't plan on keeping it outside, I knew that I wouldn't need them. The cover stretches tight, and the windshield keeps it high so unless you have snow that would weigh it down, you might not need a pole. I'll double check on the one that I got.

revkev6

Seaman

I will have to shoot baldmike an email.

anyone buy a cover from basspro?? they have a sharkskin plus exact fit cover listed for 2002-2005 models... are the earlier models different?? i haven't looked to see. I checked with basspro customer support online and they said I have to go through tracker to get an exact fit for my boat, and gave me a telephone number!

Bass Pro Shops? ''Exact Fit'' Boat Covers for TAHOE? Q7 Models | Bass Pro Shops

I get the 20% off basspro items still so that would be decent pricing.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

You know...I purchased a cover for our boat and it was supposed to be waterproof...and after a few rainstorms I noticed the whole locker full of water. The cover didn't keep out the rain! So...I went to Walmart and bought a regular plastic tarp and covered the boat loosely and it kept EVRY DROP of water out of the boat this past winter!!! I paid $260 for my other cover and this $50 from Walmart did the job...go figure!

whitey224

Seaman

I have a Tahoe cover. They are pretty expensive but they fit and look great. They have a ratcheting rope around the bottom to make it very tight. I had a Glastron before the Tahoe and it had a Glastron cover that came with it that was crap compared to the Tahoe cover.

dmtalon

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I just ordered one from boat covers direct. I got the Sunbrella fabric. It is free shipping, and it comes with a tie-down kit, and a carry bag. I also 'chatted' with customer service and asked if they were running any specials/discounts. The lady I spoke with gave me 5% more off the website price. total was, I believe $618.xx. It should be being made right now and shipped out sometime this week according to the sales person.

BiggerDee

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well, I figured that there would be a tag on mine to say what fabric it was, but there isn't. It's a tight weave nylon with a polyurethane (just a guess) backing on it. Sturdy, yet lightweight, tough, easy to work with, and definitely HIGHLYwater resistant, if not waterproof, at the very least (It's seen some massive downpours/hail). My iBoats receipt is long gone. Sorry that I couldn't have been more help than that.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

Well, I figured that there would be a tag on mine to say what fabric it was, but there isn't. It's a tight weave nylon with a polyurethane (just a guess) backing on it. Sturdy, yet lightweight, tough, easy to work with, and definitely HIGHLYwater resistant, if not waterproof, at the very least (It's seen some massive downpours/hail). My iBoats receipt is long gone. Sorry that I couldn't have been more help than that.

I believe you can log into iboats and see your order history.

BiggerDee

Petty Officer 3rd Class

No luck. I have two e-mail addresses and when I click "Forgot my password" and enter each, they say that neither is on file, so I'm not sure why they don't have me on file on the retail side.

This may have been it: Tahoe by Tracker Marine Q7 Boat Covers (2011) - iboats

Wtih the $324 Aqua Shield fabric. I thought that I paid extra for the straps though. of course, there's always the possibility that they have changed their line since then, it was 2 years ago when I bought it. Regardless, I was completely happy with the iBoats ordering experience and the quality of the product that they have made for them. I'm towing my boat about 2 hours tomorrow to an area that I typically don't go, and I will have the cover on it. I'll take some pics, and look again for a tag.

PrinceValium

Chief Petty Officer

No luck. I have two e-mail addresses and when I click "Forgot my password" and enter each, they say that neither is on file, so I'm not sure why they don't have me on file on the retail side.

Wtih the $324 Aqua Shield fabric. I thought that I paid extra for the straps though. of course, there's always the possibility that they have changed their line since then, it was 2 years ago when I bought it. Regardless, I was completely happy with the iBoats ordering experience and the quality of the product that they have made for them. I'm towing my boat about 2 hours tomorrow to an area that I typically don't go, and I will have the cover on it. I'll take some pics, and look again for a tag.

Sounds good dude! have fun!

revkev6

Seaman

I ordered the one you linked to. couldn't see paying twice that for the factory cover. only issue is it could use to be about 3" longer. night and day difference in how dry my boat is during storage. I'm going to keep the boat in my garage this winter so I think this will be perfect to keep my hobby work out of the boat as well!