My First Pontoon

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello all,

I have been lurking for a short time and first post here.

Just bought a 2005 Fisher 240 freedom dlx fish. Powered by a 2005 Mercury 90HP FourStroke.

I do have one question already... This one has a "changing room". I can't figure out how the "hoop" is designed to stay up? I dont have pics right now as Im at work. It stow in a narrow cabinet. I can pull it out, lift the tubing that holds it and insert the frame work into the 2 square tubes to hold the forward frame up. what I cant figure out is what holds the "Hoop" with the curtain up. One side has a spring and two plastic ends mounted to the upright and the "hoop", but, when that does not hold the hoop up level.

Thanks in advance!
Don

Photo0307.jpg

lakegeorge

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: My First Pontoon

Hello all,

I have been lurking for a short time and first post here.

Just bought a 2005 Fisher 240 freedom dlx fish. Powered by a 2005 Mercury 90HP FourStroke.

I do have one question already... This one has a "changing room". I can't figure out how the "hoop" is designed to stay up? I dont have pics right now as Im at work. It stow in a narrow cabinet. I can pull it out, lift the tubing that holds it and insert the frame work into the 2 square tubes to hold the forward frame up. what I cant figure out is what holds the "Hoop" with the curtain up. One side has a spring and two plastic ends mounted to the upright and the "hoop", but, when that does not hold the hoop up level.

Thanks in advance!
Don

View attachment 195140

Don, Try calling Fisher and ask them, you may be missing a clip or something like that.

BobGinCO

Chief Petty Officer

On my changing room, the hoop has an "UP" and a "DOWN" position, and a couple of rotating things like the door latches on your pontoon gates, to hold the hoop in the desired position.

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class

And by the way: Congrats on the Toon!!

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

i just use a old hula hoop and a shower curtain and attach it to the bimni

BigDfromTN

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the replies!

I will try to get some pics and post.

I like the Hula Hoop idea, but this one is alread in the back corner and has its own storage cabinet.