Who is ready for Memorial Day Weekend?

Opnine99

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Went out to the marina today to clean up the boat so I won't have to worry about it Friday evening when my wife and I go to stay for the holiday weekend. Gave her a good scrub inside and out and did a full systems check. While checking everything I found out that my down solenoid on my starboard drive is shot, so in a pinch just made a jumper to lower it and will deal with it properly after the weekend. Everything else checked out wonderfully and I am super excited to get this season kicked off this weekend and have a blast. :D:D:D Just curious to see who else is ready for the weekend ahead.

P.S. if anyone out on Grand Lake in Oklahoma is gonna be out this weekend hit me up and we can toast to the unofficial kick off, I am docked at Honey Creek Landing Marina
image(29).jpgimage(31).jpgimage(33).jpgimage(35).jpg

bman72

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Who is ready for Memorial Day Weekend?

I have been most eagerly awaiting the 3-day weekend. I'm living out of a hotel this week while traveling for business and won't make it home until Friday evening. The wifey and I were planning to take the boat to the lake first thing Saturday morning but now I have a guy that is wanting to buy my Harley so he's wanting me to meet him with it at the Harley dealer on Saturday morning for an inspection. So now I'm not even sure what time I will be able to get to the lake. I do know one thing, I am in some serious need of relaxation and time away from the stress! Three states, lots of meetings, lots of traveling, and lots of stress over these 4 days!

Opnine99

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I have been most eagerly awaiting the 3-day weekend. I'm living out of a hotel this week while traveling for business and won't make it home until Friday evening. The wifey and I were planning to take the boat to the lake first thing Saturday morning but now I have a guy that is wanting to buy my Harley so he's wanting me to meet him with it at the Harley dealer on Saturday morning for an inspection. So now I'm not even sure what time I will be able to get to the lake. I do know one thing, I am in some serious need of relaxation and time away from the stress! Three states, lots of meetings, lots of traveling, and lots of stress over these 4 days!

I believe that guy wanting to buy your bike would have to wait lol......I feel for ya, I cover 4 states doing networking and can't wait to forget it all for the weekend and just relax and be numb to the real world for a few days. one of my favorite quotes goes something like "Forget Yesterday, Ignore Tomorrow, Live Today and Quit Worrying."

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

I'll take care of my crab pots Friday am,, may fish for a while. Plan on being home by noon. The water will be crowded and crazy so I'll stay home and clean tackle, build rigs, and etc to be used when you are back to work. During the 'tourist season' I rarely go out on weekends. I have the water all year with the exception of a dozen weekends so you guys enjoy.

tpenfield

Staff member

Not quite ready . . . Having to fix a few unexpected things on the boat this Spring has delayed my 'readiness'.

I plan on finishing up with the boat on Saturday and launching Sunday. the weather might be iffy, but hopefully we will get a good day for Monday and enjoy our 'new' boat for the first time :thumb:

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I pulled the at-home boat out last weekend for major pre-season cleaning, including the bottom. This weekend looks cool and blowing so I don't think I'll go far. Still have more detailing to do.
I may spend Friday afternoon/Saturday morning cleaning up boat2 that's out of town but the WX says no fishing.
will put the crab pots in.
lots orf yard work to do instead. weather-wise we are running about a month behind.

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander

I was thinking of going out to the river, but then I noticed it was a holiday:facepalm:. I will work on my project boat at home, staying away from the madness at the river.:D I bet they will be parked in the woods and along the road going to the ramp

bman72

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I believe that guy wanting to buy your bike would have to wait lol......I feel for ya, I cover 4 states doing networking and can't wait to forget it all for the weekend and just relax and be numb to the real world for a few days. one of my favorite quotes goes something like "Forget Yesterday, Ignore Tomorrow, Live Today and Quit Worrying."

I might not have a choice once the wifey finds out I have made these plans. :)
You have a very similar gig as I do. I also am an IT guy covering 4 states. But my work doesn't just stop at the networking, I also do the phone systems, cameras, computers, etc. Basically, I handle every single component of technology on all of my company's site's across 4 sates. Today I will be installing 3 aironet wireless bridge's and Yagi antennas, a new router, and doing a network T1 cutover from Verizon to Windstream at one of my aggregate quarries in Kentucky.
I like your quote. I need to remember that one!

NYBo

Admiral

On Saturday and Sunday, I'll be stationed at a launch ramp on the Hudson River offering vessel safety checks and watching the launch ramp follies. My boat will not be participating.

briangcc

Commander

Not even close. Boat had shrink wrap removed a couple weeks back and the outside is washed and that's it. Needs bellows done, cooling hoses hooked up, safety gear loaded, etc. I'm in no shape to do that myself this year so off to the marina it needs to go. Perhaps sometime early/mid June for all that as trailer needs tires and tow vehicle needs rear brakes before I tow.

Darn ACL surgery is putting a heck of a damper on my summer activities. Even my 78 Trans Am is looking iffy for a second year in a row :facepalm:

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

I stay home on holidays. Too many opportunities for problems associated with too many people having "fun" simultaneously.

Just not worth the possible consequences. I boat during the week when I can enjoy the water with my guests.

To each his/her own. Experience gave me my current attitude.

Mark

eavega

Lieutenant

We are finally having the first non-rainy weekend in a month here in north GA. Couple that with the holiday weekend, and I am sure the lake is going to be insane. Still, we are planning a three-day camping trip at a campground on the lake with about 7 other families, and I will have the boat out. I already had a shakedown cruise, so unless something has gone awry over the last two weeks of sitting in the garage, the Ghostrider is ready for the water.

Rgds

Dawg'sLife93

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just gassed up my car, it's ready to take me as far away from the water as it can. People around are nuts on holiday weekends, I don't want to be anywhere near them. LOL

calvinator

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm ready ! ! ! Bought this pontoon in January and have been hustling to clean and restyle it.

In the storage lot looking sad....

Cleaned, restyled, and at the new marina

Canvas up, interior done, ready !

Just barely on the trailer.... 30' pontoon on 24' trailer... only had to go 1/4 mile to get to launch.

Splashed and docked. Ready for the season ! ! ! !

BRICH1260

Lieutenant

I`m ready but the weather forecast does not look like its going to be all that good. Highs in the upper 60`s to low 70`s. Where is all the global warming, it has been a miserable spring in the midwest.

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class

I launched the boat 2 weeks ago in anticipation for the holiday weekend...Now only supposed to be in the 50's in the Poconos. Maybe it will keep the nuts at home. The lake gets really wavy on weekends and even more so on holidays....wish that thing called "work" didn't get in the way..the lake is like glass on weekdays..ugh! Holidays and weekend = more bikini's so i guess it has it's benefits. Going to find a nice spot, tie together with some of our friends, fire up the grill, open the cooler and relax away on the water

mudeater

Cadet

Nice job on the pontoon. I'm ready we booked the campsites in feb. I've had the boat out the last two weeks getting ready. Heading up tomorrow to finish up a couple little things set up camp and enjoy Saturday and Sunday on the lake with good friends.
IMGP0019_zpscd64b758.jpg
this from Mother's Day.

Knot Waiting

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I`m ready but the weather forecast does not look like its going to be all that good. Highs in the upper 60`s to low 70`s. Where is all the global warming, it has been a miserable spring in the midwest.

I hear ya there! It's been the coldest crappiest spring I can remember in a long time. Currently 47 degrees, low in the mid 30's tonight and only 60-61 on Fri-Mon..... Boat wont be going in the water this weekend. Miserable Mother Nature.

USS MINNOW

Seaman

I'm ready and excited about the weekend. We have a graduation and party planned for Saturday but hitting the lake on Sunday and Monday. CAN'T WAIT!!!