Television mount for Doral Boca Grande

cottageguy

Recruit
Would anyone know where to find the mount used for the small cockpit LCD television.

Attachments

• 348847_9.jpg
    348847_9.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0

dpospres

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Television mount for Doral Boca Grande

I was able to fabricate one with a stainless bow rail flange and a foot or so of stainless railing. Works and looks great.

if it was like my Elegante, the mount in the cabin was very heavy duty and high quality, not something you can fabricate easily. i moved my tv to the mirror and gave my oem mount away with the old tv. if i can get the old mount back (unlikely), i'll send it to you.

if you have a cabin tv, maybe you'll want to move that tv and reuse the original mount in the cockpit. otherwise i'm sure there are tons of generic tv mounts you can use, but they usually aren't chrome and "marine".

dpospres

Seaman Apprentice

I think he was referring to the surface mount TV that is offered on the wet bar on the Boca Grande. Since it is outside, it is probably best to be stainless.

cottageguy

Recruit

Thank you for the helpful ideas for the cockpit tv mount. I think the bow rail material will work. If you had a photo of your mount that would be great to see.

dpospres

Seaman Apprentice

I will take some pis for you when I am on the boat this weekend.

dpospres

Seaman Apprentice

Here are some pics of the mount. A couple pointers.....The screws mounting the flang to the wet bar need to be cut off so they don't protrude through the back side and stop the sink cover from opening. The plate on the back of the TV is a piece of aluminum that I got from a metal shop for $4. I just drilled holes in it where they needed to be and painted it black.

cottageguy

Recruit

Thank you very much for taking the photos. Your idea looks great and cost effective.

Cheers!

dpospres

Seaman Apprentice

No problem.....let me know if you have any other questions that I can help with.

that looks great. the stock one is huge but probably overkill. you can see it on the left in this picture for reference.
IMG_6876.jpg