Alpha one gen 2, installed UJ bellow on transom first

Sevenscrew

Seaman
Will this be okay? I have attempted attaching the bellhousing end yet I'm wondering what problem I may run into doing it this way

NHGuy

Captain
Re: Alpha one gen 2, installed UJ bellow on transom first

Manual says to put it on the bellhousing first, then you can locate and tighten the clamps correctly. You really better get the instructions and follow them exactly.
To do it right requires a long straight narrow blade screwdriver, a set of 1/4" drive sockets with long extensions. And a 1/4' drive coil-flex extension is a huge help.
If you try to just work it out yourself where to put clamps and what sequence to install things you will spend a lot of extra time. And some mistakes could sink your boat.
Get a detailed instruction set. It's faster and you'll be glad you did it right.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Doesn't matter which end you do first, as long as you do it right. As NH said, READ THE MANUAL.... Also, don't use a screwdriver to tighten the clamp, use a 5/16" socket on a long 1/4" drive extension... Doesn't slip off and you don't risk puncturing the new bellows...

Chris.....

Sevenscrew

Seaman

Bellows are fully installed no problems installing them just have shifter linkage problems in other thread