Alpha gen 2 u joint install woes, nervous it'll slip off

Sevenscrew

Seaman
I'm installing my new bellows. On the u joint bellow transom end, I put it on but it wants to slide back off. I'm using adhesive but it still is iffy.. I haven't tightened the clamp either cus that makes it slide off quicker. I am nervous if I just "do it " and put it in water and raise drive that the bellows will slip off !

Alpha one gen 2.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: Alpha gen 2 u joint install woes, nervous it'll slip off

sounds like it not on all the way. there is a groove it has to fit in first, then tighten the clamp.

Sevenscrew

Seaman

Oh I'm an idiot !!! Thank you m8 :)!!!

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Oh I'm an idiot !!!

No, just in-experienced... Everyone has to start somewhere, and you did the right thing... Ask if in doubt...

Chris....

MarkSee

Lieutenant Junior Grade

...just in-experienced... Everyone has to start somewhere......

..yea, and some of us (well, maybe just me) trying to start who are already on the north side of 50 in the twilight years who have learned that critical tools include paper towels and band-aids...and that's before turning the first screw, bolt or nut.......:eek::embarassed::facepalm:...but don't give up....

Mark

achris

More fish than mountain goat

..yea, and some of us (well, maybe just me) trying to start who are already on the north side of 50 in the twilight years who have learned that critical tools include paper towels and band-aids...and that's before turning the first screw, bolt or nut.......:eek::embarassed::facepalm:...but don't give up....

Mark

Aren't confined to the workshop.... Was making a curry yesterday and opened myself up good on a cheese grater (was grating fresh ginger)!!! :facepalm:...