wiring my new electronic ignition

Pbdy Jr

Seaman Apprentice
I have purchased a pertronix ignitor electronic ignition and a flamethrower coil. I was hooking this up but was unsure where these wires from my old coil should go.

SEE PHOTO(s)IMAG0599.jpg

the grey wire appears to go from the tachometer to the negative on the coil. should i put this back?

the instructions say that the coil gets the red wire to the IGNITOR and a wire to the ignition switch. My old coil had the purple/yellow wire here which comes from the solenoid not the ignition switch. should i run a wire from the ignition here? is is this what it was referring to?
Also it says to put the black wire of the IGNITOR to the negative coil terminal (no question here. lol)

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: wiring my new electronic ignition

Yes, put the gray wire back on the - of the coil. Also make sure the power from the key ON is full power, not through a resistive wire (or the system will only receive about 7 volts). The purple/yellow can be just taped up and tied back, or you can connect it up to the coil +... your choice on that one (makes on difference)... If you have a shift interrupt switch then that wire gets connected to the coil -....

Chris............