General Stator Power Pack Question

Hvymtl

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Will a faulty stator or power pack cause sporadic running. My 1998 90 hp SPL runs fine and then suddenly loses power like it is running out of fuel. After idling back and cruising at 1500-2000 RPM for a time (never shutting the engine off), engine will take throttle for a couple of minutes then loses power. I have noticed that initially my voltmeter reads about 13.5 - 14 volts , but when all this stuff starts to happen it is reading about 15 volts -- which I think may be too high for charged batteries.??

fishfeatures

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: General Stator Power Pack Question

electrical components have been known to act erratically when the temp rises...... once they cooldown they go back to norm.... can be very hard at times to spot...... try using the troubleshooting at CDI electronics website it may help......

Hvymtl

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: General Stator Power Pack Question

electrical components have been known to act erratically when the temp rises...... once they cooldown they go back to norm.... can be very hard at times to spot...... try using the troubleshooting at CDI electronics website it may help......

I agree with what you said, however in this case the engine is never shut down to allow components to cool.

Is 15 volts charging too high..if so, that may be where the problem lies.