Omc cobra outdrive t

Cantrn1135

Cadet
Hello I have a 1991 Armada Sarenza 20 Sse I am having trouble with my trim gauge. I tested the gauge and it works fine. I am new to boating and have some mechanical abilities but I have no experience with outdrives or boats. Where can I locate the trim sending unit. Any ideas or help will be much appreciated thanks in advance.

Reinell-BRXL-191

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Omc cobra outdrive t

The trim sending unit on the cobra drive is located on the starboard side of the pivot housing - it bolts to the lower rear side, and you can see it, if you turn the sterndrive hard to port... the wires on the unit decay pretty quickly, so a lot of folks don't even replace them when they go bad...

Cantrn1135

Cadet

So will I have to replace the sending unit and the wires and the connector and do I have to remove the outdrive to get to the trim sending unit thanks I appreciate your help

Cantrn1135

Cadet

So will I have to replace the sending unit and the wires and the connector and do I have to remove the outdrive to get to the trim sending unit thanks I appreciate your help

Last edited:

Reinell-BRXL-191

Petty Officer 1st Class

Turn the drive hard over, then remove 2 bolts that hold the sender in place.. Crawl inside and unhook the wires from inside the engine compartment and tie a string to the end... pull the wires thru from the outside, pulling the string with it.. tie string on to new sending unit, put a little 3M trim adhesive or other glue on the rubber grommet ( on the new wires) then pull it back thru until the rubber stopper/grommet seats in to the hole.. plug the wires back in, bolt up the new sender... good to go... shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes