boat won't start after it's been running?

rcoleh

Recruit
this is only my 2nd season as a boat owner. i dropped my boat in the water for the first time since it's winter hibernation this past weekend and apparently i didn't know i was supposed to check for the plug. during my 100 hour maintenance & dewinterization 3 weeks ago the plug was removed. i realized the boat was very low in the water in the back while backing it off my trailer. it was like this for approx 5 minutes. it wasn't until i opened the engine compartment on my 2007 Moomba Mobius LSV that i realized there was a significant amount of water in it. i pulled the boat back on the trailer, drained it, put the plug back in, backed off the trailer and it started up just fine.

we ran the boat for approx 1 hour, then dropped anchor in the lake, turned off the engine and relaxed for 30 minutes. when i went to turn the key NOTHING happened. no alarm noise, no engine sound (didn't even sound like it was trying) NOTHING. after 30 more minutes of trying everything i could think of the boat magically started??

fast forward to this weekend....boat started up fine. we ran it for an hour. dropped anchor and it sat with NO engine running for ~45 minutes. turned the key, started right up just fine. we ran the boat for another 30 minutes, then anchored again. this time the boat's engine was turned OFF for ~2 hours. then, when i turned the key this time the engine sounded like it wanted to start, but wouldn't (almost like fuel wasn't getting to it). after many attempts it finally did the same thing it did last weekend....with each turn of the key, no sound, no NOTHING.

during both of these incidents the stereo worked, the bilge worked, the blower worked, all power worked except the engine?? i can't figure it out but must think it has something to do with the flooding of the engine when i attempted to back the boat in the water with the plug out. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!

Black as

Chief Petty Officer
Re: boat won't start after it's been running?

Check your wires going to the starter motor, your electrical connections may need cleaning also check battery earth and engine earth conections as well remove and clean them.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: boat won't start after it's been running?

this is only my 2nd season as a boat owner. i dropped my boat in the water for the first time since it's winter hibernation this past weekend and apparently i didn't know i was supposed to check for the plug. during my 100 hour maintenance & dewinterization 3 weeks ago the plug was removed. i realized the boat was very low in the water in the back while backing it off my trailer. it was like this for approx 5 minutes. it wasn't until i opened the engine compartment on my 2007 Moomba Mobius LSV that i realized there was a significant amount of water in it. i pulled the boat back on the trailer, drained it, put the plug back in, backed off the trailer and it started up just fine.

we ran the boat for approx 1 hour, then dropped anchor in the lake, turned off the engine and relaxed for 30 minutes. when i went to turn the key NOTHING happened. no alarm noise, no engine sound (didn't even sound like it was trying) NOTHING. after 30 more minutes of trying everything i could think of the boat magically started??

fast forward to this weekend....boat started up fine. we ran it for an hour. dropped anchor and it sat with NO engine running for ~45 minutes. turned the key, started right up just fine. we ran the boat for another 30 minutes, then anchored again. this time the boat's engine was turned OFF for ~2 hours. then, when i turned the key this time the engine sounded like it wanted to start, but wouldn't (almost like fuel wasn't getting to it). after many attempts it finally did the same thing it did last weekend....with each turn of the key, no sound, no NOTHING.

during both of these incidents the stereo worked, the bilge worked, the blower worked, all power worked except the engine?? i can't figure it out but must think it has something to do with the flooding of the engine when i attempted to back the boat in the water with the plug out. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!

Ayuh,.... So fast forward to Today,.... What have you done to diagnose the problem,..??

Have you checked Any of the wirin',..??

Odds are, ya got a Corrosion, loose, Bad wirin' issue...